(Grand Rapids, Mich.) Whether you’re a weekend, competitive or just a beginning golfer, you’ll find something to your liking at the West Michigan Golf Show at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids. Here are the highlights of the Show, better than ever in its 32nd edition, on Feb. 14-16.
- At the ever popular Seminar Stage, a host of nationally recognized instructors will entertain and enlighten including Jason Guss, on Golf Digest’s Top Young Teachers list; Andy Matthews, a former Tour player and now Director of Performance at Neuropeak Pro which optimizes human performance; Patti Butcher, a past Teacher of the Year by the LPGA Teaching & Club Professional organization; Ian Hughes of GolfTec, ranked by Golf Digest as the 4th best teacher in Michigan; and Grand Rapids PGA pro Mike Boogaard, widely known as one of the best putting teachers in Michigan with many state and Hall of Fame champions as his pupils.
- The Treetops Hole-in-One Challenge remains a top draw of the Show and this year there’s a new twist: Patrons will have a chance to win $100 cash on the spot at a fully landscaped golf hole while raising funds for charity. With a large and protected viewing area nearby, it’s also a fun place to watch great shots and near misses.
- Parents and junior golfers love the PGA Family Fun Zone where activities include: taking a swing at Golfzilla and GolfGator, large inflatable targets; clinics from The First Tee of West Michigan.Plus the latest info on junior golf including the highly popular PGA Junior League and the Drive, Chip & Putt Championship. All juniors age 14 and under are admitted free throughout the show!
- Ladies’ Day is Friday and offers special events and giveaways just for women. The first 500 women on Friday will receive a special gift bag. And befitting Valentine’s Day, on Friday at 4 pm, one love-struck couple will be getting married or renewing their vows and receive a honeymoon trip to Florida, courtesy of WLAV-FM and the Golf Show.
- Check out the Trackman Iron Experience area by the Ferris State PGM program and learn valuable data about your swing and equipment.
- Renew or sign up for a membership and receive a special gift (while supplies last) from the Golf Association of Michigan. And learn about GAM Golf Days— fun, casual one-day events at exclusive Michigan golf courses, public and private.
- Courtesy of the Michigan PGA, golf pros are giving free lessons all weekend, providing patrons with golf tips to prep them for skills contests at the show and the new season.
- Retail outlets and golf courses offer an incredible shopping spree for clothing, equipment,
shoes, accessories and more. And receive good advice in the process.
- Book your golf getaway at the Golf Show. Many exhibitors have show specials exclusively for patrons stopping at their booth.
- Take a break, sip a beverage or have a bite to eat at the 19th Hole while watching some golf on TV’s sponsored by Golf Car Plus.
- Giveaways are a staple at the Golf Show including a free sleeve of golf balls for the first 100 patrons each day courtesy of Boyne Golf.
Produced by ShowSpan, Inc., the West Michigan Golf Show is sponsored by Treetops Resort, Golf Association of Michigan, and the Michigan PGA. Hours are 2:00 pm-9:00 pm, Friday; 10:00 am-6:00 pm, Saturday; and 10:00 am-4:00 pm, Sunday. Tickets are $10 online for adults and $12 at the door. Twilight Adult rate is $8 at the door the last 2 hours of the show. Juniors 14 & under are FREE.
Tickets available now online at www.WestMichiganGolfShow.com or at DeVos Place Box Office during show hours.
Carolyn Alt, ShowSpan, at 616-447-2860
Terry Moore, Sportserv Ltd., 616-490-0433, email@example.com
Note: A full image gallery is available at