Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department. Gain work experience within all subdivisions of the department by working with: Director of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Digital Coordinator and Receptionist.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give tours of Van Andel Arena.
- Work the main switchboard for Van Andel Arena and DeVos Place.
- Assist with the development of marketing programs and promotions.
- Assist with the behind the scenes planning of an event.
- Maintain catalog of newspaper articles.
- Record event hotline weekly and more as needed.
- Maintain event listings on tourism & community websites.
- Create promotional materials for upcoming events.
- Create event parking passes.
- Create event display windows.
- Distribute posters and flyers.
- Update and post events and articles on website.
- Update social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube etc.).
- Organize promotions and ticket giveaways through social media.
- Research and outreach to targeted organizations for special events.
- In-depth event research for specialized blog posts and news releases.
- Update social media reports.
- Plan & execute community involvement.
- Attend weekly marketing and staff meetings.
- All other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Related coursework and previous job, internship or volunteer experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft-based computer systems, including Microsoft Office.Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat & Photoshop preferred but not necessary.
- Responsible, self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, hard worker and works well with others.
- Superior communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
Commitments and Expectations:
- Students must be able to work full-time during the business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. May be asked to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to earn class credit for completing the internship.
Deadline to apply is Sunday, November 10th at 10PM. Please no phone calls.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to the link below.